[License-discuss] Is this 2-clause BSD equivalent? What should I do if I embed portion of this code, in its source form, in my 3-clause BSD project?

Ben Cotton bcotton at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 31 12:35:40 UTC 2015

I am not a lawyer, so by definition this is not legal advice. The
Fedora Project's licensing page describes it as similar to MIT, with a
few differences:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing/Open_Market_License

In my opinion, you may freely use that code, but you must include the
Open Market License with it and clearly indicate that the other parts
are under the 3-clause BSD license. Your attorney, or other members of
this list, may have a different interpretation.

Thanks,
BC

--
Ben Cotton