[License-discuss] [Trademark enquiries] MIT License attribution question

Lloyd foolswisdom at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 04:10:27 UTC 2014

Hi Brian,

OpenSource.org is not a legal services organization and can't give you
legal advice.
http://opensource.org/faq#legal-advice

If the MIT license software is not *distributed* *in* your software or
*with* your software (as libraries) either in source or binary form,
then the MIT license makes no requirements of you. Otherwise,
http://www.quora.com/Does-the-MIT-license-require-attribution-in-a-binary-only-distribution
looks to provide some good non-legal advice.

I find it helps me to remember that copyright line is in the context
of publishing and distributing work and derivates of work.

Hope that helps,
Lloyd

I can't grow without light,
Lloyd