[License-discuss] [Osi] [General enquiries] Submission by Mistake

Patrick Masson masson at opensource.org
Mon Oct 20 18:28:26 UTC 2014

Thank you for contacting the OSI. I have forwarded on your question to
the License Discuss list as someone there might have an answer for you.

Best of luck,
Patrick

On 09/19/2014 03:40 AM, bibhudutta.pani at gmail.com wrote:
> BIBHUDUTTA PANI (bibhudutta.pani at gmail.com) sent a message using the
> contact
> form at http://opensource.org/contact.
>
> Hi, I may have subjected my code to Apache 2.0 license by mistake (i.e.
> without intending to do so). I had earlier written a code that was
> subject to
> Apache license and I meant it to be so. Subsequently, I have developed a
> separate license and while uploading it on a webstore, copied all
> information
> in the profile page of my earlier code (that included reference to Apache
> license). While I have referred Apache 2.0 license,  have not included a
> notice, in the exact form, as prescribed under "APPENDIX: How to apply
> the
> Apache License to your work".
> Given the above, can I now retract all references to Apache 2.0
> license or
> will my work be compulsorily subject to Apache license?
>
> Report as inappropriate:
> http://opensource.org/mollom/report/mollom_content/140919128925fc70e2

     ||    |      |  ||||    ||    ||    |  ||||    |||    | |||
Patrick Masson
General Manager, Director & Secretary to the Board
Open Source Initiative
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270
Palo Alto, CA 94301
United States