[License-discuss] [Osi] [General enquiries] OS license for seeds (!)

Patrick Masson masson at opensource.org
Mon Oct 20 18:09:09 UTC 2014

Tracy,

Thank you for contacting the OSI. I have forwarded on your question to
our License Discuss list. Perhaps someone on that list has a suggestion
for you.

Best of luck,
Patrick

On 08/05/2014 05:19 PM, tracymlord at gmail.com wrote:
> Tracy M Lord (tracymlord at gmail.com) sent a message using the contact
> form at
> http://opensource.org/contact.
>
> Can someone give me a thumbnail understanding of the legal status of
> the/any
> "open source license"? I am in the seed movement & you may have heard
> there
> are initiatives to adapt an open source format for seeds to make them
> available to the public. Yet I am uncertain about the legal status of a
> "license" in this context. Thanks a million anyone who wants to
> attempt toe
> enlighten me on this.
>
> Report as inappropriate:
> http://opensource.org/mollom/report/mollom_content/1408052eb66545b1bf

     ||    |      |  ||||    ||    ||    |  ||||    |||    | |||
Patrick Masson
General Manager, Director & Secretary to the Board
Open Source Initiative
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270
Palo Alto, CA 94301
United States