[License-discuss] [Trademark enquiries] MIT License attribution question

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Oct 14 08:08:28 UTC 2014

On 14/10/14 08:54, John Cowan wrote:
> Since you are not distributing copies, I don't see how the requirement
> to distribute the license can affect you.

I don't think he meant he was only using it as part of the tool chain.
I think he meant he was only distributing it in binary form.

In any case, only the person who applied the original licence can really
tell him what they intended.  For the strict letter of the law, they
need their own lawyer.  For the spirit, they need to contact the licensor.