[License-discuss] Illumina Open Source License

Ben Tilly btilly at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:45:11 UTC 2014

Put me in the nothing close to being OSI camp.

It discriminates against anyone other than Illumina, Inc who would
like to use it in gene sequencing software.  I would therefore fail it
under item 5.  A major intent of open source software is exactly that
you not discriminate in this way.

But I'm a private citizen and my interpretation is only my
interpretation.  If you're specifically interested in Debian, then go
to https://www.debian.org/legal/ and get on their mailing lists to get
their opinions.  Because that is the only one that matters.