[License-discuss] New stable OSCAd server

Reincke, Karsten k.reincke at telekom.de
Thu Jan 2 14:25:49 UTC 2014

As you perhaps know, the (Telekom) Open Source Compliance Advisor [ http://opensource.telekom.net/oscad/ ] is listed in the OSI List of Licensing Tools [ http://wiki.opensource.org/bin/Projects/List+of+Licensing+Tools ].

The service idea of OSCAd is simple: Answer 5 questions. Select an open source license. Receive a list of license fulfilling tasks. Execute this list. And be on a good way to use your open source software compliantly.

Similar to its theoretical sibling, the OSLiC [ http://dtag-dbu.github.io/oslic/ ], the OSCAd itself is a piece of open source software [ http://dtag-dbu.github.io/oscad/ ] : it is licensed under the AGPL; all its sources are hosted on github [ https://github.com/dtag-dbu/oscad/ ]

Deutsche Telekom has now set up an own open source server. This 'machine' is intended to be alive for a longer time. On this server there is also running an instance of the OSCAd which may be used freely [ http://opensource.telekom.net/oscad/ ]. So, in the future please use and distribute the link to this instance. The old version on fodina can still be used too, but should be taken as outdated [ http://oscad.fodina.de/ ].

I will update the link in the wiki as soon as I will have got an account.

Best Regards
Karsten Reincke

---
Deutsche Telekom AG