[License-discuss] FAQ entry (and potential website page?) on "why standard licenses"?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Mon Apr 28 16:29:56 UTC 2014

Lawrence Rosen wrote:
> Miles and others,
> Can you correlate what OSI does with what is described at http://opensource.org/osr-intro?

Personally, I think it's up to OSI to make the case for what they do,
and the extent that they are or are not a standards body.  As far as I
can tell, their "open source definition" is useful as a touchstone for
comparing and contrasting various licenses that are promulgated by others.

Miles Fidelman