[License-discuss] FAQ entry (and potential website page?) on "why standard licenses"?

Leon Rozenblit leon at prometheusresearch.com
Mon Apr 28 13:57:21 UTC 2014

ᐧ
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 7:37 PM, lrosen at rosenlaw.com <lrosen at rosenlaw.com
>wrote:
>
>> "Standard" is a loaded term. Licenses are not standards and OSI is not a
>> standards organization.  Larry

Louis:
Consider flipping the FAQ subject to say: "Why shouldn't I cook-up your own
home-made license?" I think it's easier to list the pitfalls of
home-cookery while steering clear of "standard". I also find that approach
more compelling: you're telling people about risks that will trip them up,
not warm and fuzzy benefits. :)

--

Leon Rozenblit, JD, PhD
President/CEO, Prometheus Research, LLC

55 Church St., New Haven, CT 06510
www.prometheusresearch.com

email: leon at prometheusresearch.com
phone: (203) 672-5810
public calendar: https://bitly.com/leon_apts
responsiveness:  I check email once per-day. Please call if urgent.