[License-discuss] FAQ entry (and potential website page?) on "why standard licenses"?

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Mon Apr 28 01:11:17 UTC 2014

Hi, all-

A few of us were talking and realized the FAQ/website have nothing to
explain why *using standard licenses* is a good idea. This being a sort of
basic point, I started remedying the problem :)

Draft FAQ entry addressing the question is here:
http://wiki.opensource.org/bin/Projects/Why+standardized+licensing%3F

There is also an incomplete potential more-than-FAQ answer that could be
put somewhere on opensource.org. The more I think about it, the more I
think the FAQ may be sufficient, but I'd be curious what others here think
and whether something longer is worthwhile.

Feedback is probably better on-wiki but the list is fine too. :)
Luis