[License-discuss] we need a new license for earning money

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Fri Sep 20 19:22:41 UTC 2013

Pirmin Braun scripsit:

> So I'd like to share our thoughts: Maybe it is possible to add such
> an extension to the OSI Open Source Definition? Or create a new class
> of approved liceneses?

Not gonna happen.  We believe very strongly in non-discrimination among
licensees, and to disadvantage the millionaire is as unethical as to
disadvantage the poor.

> Or at least coin a name for this sort of license?

Feel free, but don't expect any of us to help much.

--
Let's face it: software is crap. Feature-laden and bloated, written under
tremendous time-pressure, often by incapable coders, using dangerous