[License-discuss] Red Hat compilation copyright & RHEL contract

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Wed Sep 11 21:06:32 UTC 2013

Lawrence Rosen scripsit:

> I do so because my clients expect to profit (either financially or
> in reputation credits) for delivering comprehensive solutions that
> include FOSS components.

It's kind of hard to see how this could be the case for releasing a
compilation under the GPL.  There's no money in it, and people don't
get a good reputation when they do things others find incomprehensible:
quite the reverse.  That is not to say it is not a Good Thing in itself.

--
Normally I can handle panic attacks on my own;   John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>
but panic is, at the moment, a way of life.      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan