[License-discuss] License incompatibility (was Re: Open source license chooser choosealicense.com

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Wed Sep 11 20:48:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Bradley M. Kuhn <bkuhn at ebb.org> wrote:

> As I mentioned in a private thread, I didn't really see the need to
> burn Till's time posting here, since the discussion was a side-issue
> on the main thread about license compatibility, and an OSI director
> had already said "oh no, not again" on the derivative works subthread.

To be clear, I'm very glad for the high quality of response since
then! As you speculated, Bradley, we have seen much of the same, tired
analysis before, which is why I was unhappy; but since then, the
thread has seen much new, useful writing that I think will be valuable
for anyone thinking about this issue in the future, so I'm glad people
have thoughtfully responded and continued the discussion.

Luis