[License-discuss] History of approved and not approved licenses

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sun Nov 24 19:12:46 UTC 2013

Engel Nyst scripsit:

> *Not approved licenses list*:
> http://wiki.opensource.org/archived_not_approved_licenses

Thank you for doing this work.

> Please note that these are not rejected licenses.

This is a very important point that should be made explicitly on the
page.  My objections to listing rejected licenses do not apply to a list
such as this, which talks about licenses that have not been approved
for a variety of reasons, of which official rejection must surely be the
rarest.

> There are no summaries of the discussion threads, and no official
> positions.

Summaries would be fine.  I don't think official positions have much
utility.

--
Long-short-short, long-short-short / Dactyls in dimeter,     John Cowan
Verse form with choriambs / (Masculine rhyme):           cowan at ccil.org