[License-discuss] Questions about the Frameworx license.

Karl Fogel kfogel at red-bean.com
Wed Mar 6 19:30:20 UTC 2013

I'm posting this on behalf of Alex Siegal, who is CC'd, because he's
having trouble posting to our list (the posts disappear, never even end
up in the moderation queue -- we'll take it up separately with the
infrastructure crew).  Alex writes:

>I would like to use the Frameworx license.  What, if any, modifications
>am I permitted to make and still be distributing source code pursuant
>to the approved Open Source Frameworx license?  For example, can I
>change "The Frameworx Company" to the name of my company?  Also, there
>are typo's and incorrect cross references in the license.  Am I
>permitted to modify those so they are correct?

Please keep Alex CC'd on all discussion.  I'm not sure how he'll post
back, but we'll find a way to make it work until we understand why his
mails are disappearing.

-Karl