[License-discuss] License compatibility - reg

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jun 27 06:41:48 UTC 2013

Quoting Ben Tilly (btilly at gmail.com):

> (Note that Robert Jacobsen's state of mind was never a relevant
> question.

Excuse me, but please see previous analysis of what a judge will
logically and relevantly consider in determining what a software
licensor intends, and why, in cases where that is for some reason
unclear.

> If you look back to my first email in this thread where I started off
> with the phrase, "...where someone who in some way represents the
> drafter..."

Alison is not the drafter of AL 1.0 (or anything else, really), and I
don't know what your phrase 'represent the drafter' means or what in
Ghod's green earth it has to do with the antecedent discussion.  I don't
think I care.  And you seem to be ignoring my larger point.

> What have I have said that could possibly support the impression that
> I thought that the judge considered her a witness to Robert Jacobsen's
> state of mind???

OK, so you're carrying out some entirely different conversation from the
one I was engaged in upthread, basically.  Have fun.  I'm out.