[License-discuss] License compatibility - reg

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Jun 27 03:39:08 UTC 2013

Luis Villa asked:
> Are you suggesting OSI should give legal advice, Larry? :)

I asked the question that way only to see if you are actually paying
attention here.

Members of this OSI list frequently give advice, although they preface it
with IANAL or "please don't listen to me." When it comes to the GPL, that
advice is sometimes wrong. Especially when they advise us to pay attention
to certain legal opinions of the Free Software Foundation about copyright
law. :-)

> Obviously this is a fact-specific issue, though; consult with your own
lawyer. :)

I already have. I will again.

/Larry