[License-discuss] Open source license chooser choosealicense.com launched.

Patrice-Emmanuel Schmitz pe.schmitz at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 16 09:33:59 UTC 2013

This guide ignores a FAQ or category (at least in non English-speaking
countries where local administrations have an obligation to refer to legal
instruments with a working value in their local language).
"The license must have the same working value in English, Bulgarian,
Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek,
Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish,
Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish..."
I know Chinese is still missing...
P-E.

2013/7/15 Karl Fogel <kfogel at red-bean.com>

> Some of you may have seen this already -- from Ben Balter (of GitHub):
>
>   http://choosealicense.com/
>
> We may want to consider linking to it from OSI's FAQ, but it would be
> great to get people's opinions first.
>
> Ben's announcement is below:
>
>   From: Ben Balter <ben.balter at github.com>
>   Subject: Choosing an open source license doesn't need to be scary --
> choosealicense.com
>   To: mil-oss [probably among other places]
>   Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
>
>   Launched a small resource today, choosealicense.com to help software
>   developers make the decision of which license to use when releasing
>   software.
>
>   The site itself is open source and I'd love any feedback / pull
>   requests you may have. To make the process even easier, there's also
>   now a license picker when creating a new repository on GitHub.com
>   which will automatically add the license to the project.
>
>   * The Site: http://choosealicense.com
>
>   * The Source: https://github.com/github/choosealicense.com
>
>   * Full Background:
>     https://github.com/blog/1530-choosing-an-open-source-license