[License-discuss] FAQ entry for slight variations in licenses?

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Jul 11 14:35:04 UTC 2013

On 09/07/13 06:02, Luis Villa wrote:
> I do remain open to discussing how to improve the situation by
> systematically analyzing the most common/popular variants if Gerv,
> Daniel, or others want to discuss that.

I don't have time for a long project; I am interested in what seems to
me like the low-hanging fruit of altering the markup on the OSI-approved
version so that when it's copied and pasted, it comes out identically
every time (and does not, for example, require people to insert
replacement bullet characters, or whatever).

http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause

Slightly less low-hanging is the idea that the OSI-approved version
could be placeholder-less (and say "copyright holders" instead of
<ORGANIZATION>). But if we can't get agreement on that, we can at least
do the former.

Gerv