[License-discuss] proposal for revising code of conduct

Lior W. opensource.*.nwo at neverbox.com
Thu Jan 3 16:49:03 UTC 2013

Interesting. I did notice it's hard to conduct serious discussions in
forums, but it's harder to find mailing lists for a given subject.

Anyway, I can't really counter your statements except:
1) Doesn't the ability to not be notified about each and every topic worth
the troubles?
2) A javascript forum would solve the threading issue. See the Israeli
http://www.tapuz.co.il/Forums
3) Many forums have a PM system which solves the need for a personal
contact while protecting the privacy of the e-mail address (which is
easier to abuse and harder to change).
4) I think one of the biggest downsides of a mailing list is the lack of a
search engine. Then again, most forums have a terrible search engine
anyway (i.e. you can't search exact phrases).