[License-discuss] License which requires watermarking? (Attribution Provision)

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Wed Jan 2 02:58:19 UTC 2013

Would that we all had infinite budgets for going to court :-) But short
of having them, many businesses choose, quite sensibly, to err on the
conservative side of this sort of issue and will honor the license
whether or not a court would make them do so. This will also get them
through an M&A intellectual property audit in better shape than otherwise.

I do know a company that spent money, including on me, to argue just
this sort of issue recently. They spent more than most businesses would
be able to endure.

     Thanks

     Bruce