[License-discuss] License incompatibility (was Re: Open source license chooser choosealicense.com launched.)

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at ebb.org
Wed Aug 28 22:25:35 UTC 2013

Larry, it seems that you responded to my point that "calling the GPL by the
name 'infection' is a slur that spreads needless discord" with (paraphrased)
"it's not the GPL; it's the work that *you*, Bradley, and others have done
enforcing the GPL that's an infection on our community".

This doesn't seem a very civil manner of debate.  Recall that I recently
defended you, Larry, on this very list, when someone was uncivil to you.
Please don't be uncivil to me and the orgs that I work with / volunteer for.

I have no objection to your policy disagreements and disputes with GPL
enforcement or anything else I've worked.  I do object to your insinuation
that my and others' work in this regard is a virus plagued upon our
community.

   -- bkuhn