[License-discuss] Unlicense CC0 and patents

Engel Nyst engel.nyst at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 02:10:22 UTC 2013

On 08/23/2013 03:40 PM, Clark C. Evans wrote:
> I know the Copyright Commons didn't want to publish an alternative,
> since
> it would dilute their message.   However, perhaps someone could strike
> the words "or patent", give it a fancy name, and submit it here?

I've just seen this is happening:
https://github.com/asaunders/public-domain-customized
Custom Dedication: Open Source is a modified CC0 that addresses the
patent rights issue. (there are more differences than just strike "or
patent")
It's amazing and very valuable that authors with legal background are
interested to draft open source licenses in the open, as difficult as it
has to be for them.