[License-discuss] Open Source Eventually License Development

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Sun Aug 18 21:29:37 UTC 2013

John Cowan protested:
> Eh?  [John's father] was paid by the semester by the New Jersey taxpayers.

> His articles weren't paid for at all.  Are you googling the wrong Tom
Cowan?

Unfortunately I didn't Google at all. I just did Google that name, though,
and found one of his name, also a lawyer, who was "indicted for tax
evasion"!  I only remembered you mentioning your father's profession before
and assumed, based on my experience with you, that your father was no slouch
as a lawyer. I assumed he earned his fees.

Obviously taxpayers pay lawyers by the word. Why else are statutes and
regulations and law professors' articles so prolix?

/Larry