[License-discuss] plain text license versions?

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Thu Sep 6 22:18:36 UTC 2012

On 09/06/2012 03:07 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
> Custom waivers (particularly for something trivial like this) are just
> another form of the same mess.
Posit that I am creating a version of the old Lyons Unix book,
containing the Linux source code. How many copyright holders must grant
me a waiver? Is the answer the same across all jurisdictions?

It is easier to print the GPL than it is to even /start /analyzing
questions like rights in a compilation vs. rights in a collective work.

     Thanks

     Bruce