[License-discuss] license committee

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Mar 9 17:28:47 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 09:13 AM, John Cowan wrote:
> And the results would be different this time, why?
They would only be different if the organization became politically
capable to dis-recommend licenses.

I think my favorite is probably still the SIL font license, where it
says "The requirement for fonts to remain under this license does not
apply to any document created using the Font Software." As far as I can
tell, that allows you to convert a font to any license or no license,
and then extract it again, and the SIL license doesn't magically come back.

Obviously there's a pretty strong potential to let down developers if
that's the case. They end up with no control at all.

     Thanks

     Bruce