[License-discuss] proposal to revise and slightly reorganize the OSI licensing pages

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Jun 11 15:20:43 UTC 2012

Gervase Markham wrote:

I'd add that, given that the MPL 2 is used by both Mozilla and LibreOffice,
two very substantial projects, I'd say it pretty much fits the criteria on
its own merits even without support from the large body of MPL 1.1+ software
out there.

I fully agree with the general opinion here that MPL 2 is an important and
widely-used license. I meant no disrespect to that or any other licenses
when complaining about the list of "popular" licenses on the OSI website.

However, what are the "criteria" to which you refer so that we can judge
other licenses by the same criteria?

/Larry