[License-discuss] proposal to revise and slightly reorganize the OSI licensing pages

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Jun 11 08:05:05 UTC 2012

On 06/11/2012 12:52 AM, Rick Moen wrote:
> {scratches head} I think you must somehow be massively misreading what
> I said. Perhaps you thought I'd expressed a view about using an API
> (somehow) creating a derivative work? I didn't say anything of the sort.
It's regarding your statement:

    it doesn't seem likely to cast light on other areas of copyright
    law.  In particular, it cases none on what suffices to create a new
    work and what is a derivative work.

The point is that there's not /anything else/ in that body of law that
would make the proposed work derivative.