[License-discuss] proposal to revise and slightly reorganize the OSI licensing pages

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Jun 11 07:37:48 UTC 2012

On 06/11/2012 12:18 AM, Henrik Ingo wrote:
> To be clear, NuSphere did not embed MySQL in their product, rather
> they embedded closed source components into MySQL
Per Eben's testimony, the Gemini storage engine, using the MySQL API for
storage engines.
> Which would be a funny relevation after a couple decades of successful
> GPL enforcements and several companies building a successful business
> on a more strict interpretation of GPL / the law.
I'm not going to advise people that they can mix GPL and proprietary
software with impunity. And I will continue my own dual-licensing
business. But I'm not going to be certain of my ability to prevail in court.