[License-discuss] proposal to revise and slightly reorganize the OSI licensing pages

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Fri Jun 8 18:53:33 UTC 2012

Chris Travers scripsit:

> Not necessarily.  I don't see why one can't license some rights
> exclusively to one party and other rights exclusively to another
> party.

That's true.  Most recent discussion uses the term "transfer of copyright",
which may apply to some rights only.  The point is that once transferred,
you can't get them back without the agreement of the transferree.

--
John Cowan    <cowan at ccil.org>     http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
But no living man am I!  You look upon a woman.  Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter.