[License-discuss] Derivative Works of a standard

Grahame Grieve grahame at healthintersections.com.au
Mon Jul 9 13:06:37 UTC 2012

Thanks Larry

> Please take a look at
> http://www.openwebfoundation.org/faqs/open-web-foundation-cla-1-0-owfa-1-0-faq.

So I had read these at length before, and come away hopelessly confused.
I see now that at least part of the reason is a wrong link - the link
for OWFa 1.0 (Patent & Copyright) actually points to the OWF CLA 1.0
(Patent & Copyright). But even the link below to the earlier OWFa doesn't seem
to point to a license that is suitable to put on the final specification - more
of an in process agreement that needs to be made during it's preparation?

I think those things are great ideas, but does any standards organisation
actually use them? Actually publish standards developed under them?

And I don't think they answer my original question either, about
derived works. But perhaps I am just too unfamiliar with the content
to see how they do.

Grahame

-----
http://www.healthintersections.com.au /