[License-discuss] a GPLv3 compatible attribution for MIT/BSD?

Clark C. Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Mon Jan 23 07:09:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012, at 10:54 PM, John Cowan wrote:
> > Since I'm not a legal professional, I'd prefer someone who is
> > associated with the Open Source Initiative to provide some
> > guidance if they might feel inclined.
>
> I realize that.  However, I think you have done about 80% of the work to
> kick off the license approval process (see http://opensource.org/approval
> for details), and should just go ahead with what you've got.  If you
> don't do it, no one else is likely to.

John,

I submitted it per your request earlier, but have since made
another revision of it.  So that anyone interested can follow
its development, I'll be sticking with GitHub for revisions.
I also sent the link over to debian-legal to get their opinion.

I've updated a discussion of the language, so that my logic can
be evaluated -- https://github.com/tip-o-the-hat/fmn#readme

Best,

Clark