[License-discuss] Golan v. Holder

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Jan 23 05:55:29 UTC 2012

Lawrence Rosen scripsit:

> Besides being a well-written summary of the purposes of copyright and the
> balance struck by copyright law, the Golan decision emphasizes again for us
> that the public domain isn't quite as safe as licenses.

If it comes to that, Congress could change the law to say that all copyright
licenses are invalid unless the licensees are specific named legal persons.
That would pretty much destroy the whole FOSS movement.

--
John Cowan   <cowan at ccil.org>   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
One time I called in to the central system and started working on a big