[License-discuss] Can copyrights be abandoned to the public domain?

Johnny Solbu johnny at solbu.net
Fri Aug 17 05:40:00 UTC 2012

On Friday 17 August 2012 06:51, Henrik Ingo wrote:
> I believe Finland has the concept of Moral Rights.

As do Norway, and most if not all nordic countries.

> weird things like the right to forbid the use of my work for pornography

If you make use of that right in a license, then it is not a free work or free software. if you license something using a Free license, then you are stating that Anyone can use your work as long as they adhere to the license.

> or other things someone might find against my morality.

What your morality happens to be has nothing to do with the "moral rights" under the law.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
web site,   http://www.solbu.net