NASA requests help finding gov't use of standard OSS licenses.

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Tue May 3 15:07:54 UTC 2011

Tzeng, Nigel H. scripsit:

> How does NOSA keep the code more "open" than public domain?

As I pointed out already, federal government code is in the public
domain *only in the US*.  Elsewhere it is in copyright, and needs a
license.  In addition, the federal government may hold copyrights
transferred to it.

--
You annoy me, Rattray!  You disgust me!         John Cowan
You irritate me unspeakably!  Thank Heaven,     cowan at ccil.org
I am a man of equable temper, or I should       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
scarcely be able to contain myself before
your mocking visage.            --Stalky imitating Macrea