GPL and closed source

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Jun 6 07:12:29 UTC 2011

Dale scripsit:

> ok so what about the 'shim' scenario :
>
> GPL code <----> non-GPL but (GPL compatible) open source library
> <----> closed source dll

Judges aren't computers, and they don't interpret the law the way a
C compiler interprets code.  They usually see this sort of thing as
evasion, and are likely to come down hard on it.

Just sayin'.  I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice, but it
isn't the unauthorized practice of law, either.

--
John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
The known is finite, the unknown infinite; intellectually we stand