AFL questions

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Wed Jul 20 03:44:55 UTC 2011

Jeremy C. Reed scripsit:

> Does this mean I may not use the derivative work outside of
> in-house? I may not use a derivative work in any example that is
> viewed (like a screenshot or video)?

It's important to remember that as long as a derivative work is made
under license from the originator, the copyright of the derivative work
belongs to whoever made it.  The only way in which the owner of the
original can tell you what to do with your own work is 1) to bind you by
a valid contract, or 2) make your license to create the derivative work
conditional on what you do with it thereafter.  The AFL does neither of
these things, so you can do what you like with your lawful derivatives.

--
That you can cover for the plentiful            John Cowan
and often gaping errors, misconstruals,         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
and disinformation in your posts                cowan at ccil.org
through sheer volume -- that is another misconception.  --Mike to Peter