[License-discuss] GPL and proprietary WebAPIs

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 25 19:03:20 UTC 2011

Quoting Clark C. Evans (cce at clarkevans.com):

> Your characterization is wholly inaccurate, although
> I could see how you might arrive at this conclusion.

I stated an explicitly personal perspective (that I have no interest in
advising querents about how closely to shave the requirements of
copyright notices) and a related observation of fact (that you are
seeing scant interest in helping you).

The observed fact is simply there.  Look around.  The personal
perspective is mine; you're not obliged to share it.  There is nothing
that is 'inaccurate' in this entire picture.  If you don't like my
personal opinion, I'm sure you know how to arrive at others.

If you want to study derivative (not 'derived') work caselaw, likewise,
there are some obvious places to look.