[License-discuss] GPL and proprietary WebAPIs

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 22 21:34:37 UTC 2011

Quoting Clark C. Evans (cce at clarkevans.com):

> I found a tangible example of what I'm referring to, complete with
> wonderful visuals.  Chris Kleisath at Sybase describes how they
> circumvent the GPL license by using intermediate APIs to link
> proprietary functionality with GPL licensed works.  Is Chris correct?
> For GPLv2?  For GPLv3?
>
> http://iablog.sybase.com/kleisath/index.php/2009/02/how-to-interface-proprietary-code-with-gpl-code/

You know, Clark:  Speaking for myself, I have no interest in advising
querents about how closely they can lawfully skirt the requirements of
copyleft licences, or how they can creatively circumvent those
requirements entirely, in order to use copylefted properties in
proprietary works.

You keep asking basically the same question, but are seeing scant
interest in helping you.  Might be that my view is common.