[License-discuss] a Free Island Public License?

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Wed Dec 21 03:28:01 UTC 2011

Clark C. Evans scripsit:

> My secondary objective (tightly related) is to somehow address the
> well known "work around" to the GPL where you wrap your proprietary
> functionality as a web service API and then call it from a derived work.

I think that your proposed means to that end are too powerful, however.
Clients don't normally communicate directly with servers: they use the
Internet infrastructure, which involves lots of proprietary hardware
and software.

--
Using RELAX NG compact syntax to        John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>
develop schemas is one of the simple    http://www.ccil.org/~cowan