commercial distribution

Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera bckurera at fossuser.lk
Mon Aug 8 11:33:45 UTC 2011

Commercial Distribution, the main idea here is to earn profits.
IF you develop a software and then add a license restricting the usage,
modification and distribution (or even one of them)
them whether you add a price tag and further no source is available, we can
categorize it under commercial applications.
main intention is to earn profits and you offer no freedom to the user.

Giving users an option to install another 3rd party doesn't mean
you original application is a commercial one or not.
As long as you offer them not-restricted usage, modification and
distribution with the source available the application can be treated as
Free Software. You can add a price tag for the software. further you can
enhance the feature for price or customize, no matter it remains as Free
Software.

--
Regards,
*Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera*