NASA Open Source Agreement v1.3

Tzeng, Nigel H. Nigel.Tzeng at jhuapl.edu
Thu Apr 28 21:39:59 UTC 2011

Ben,

Your adjustment would be fine from my perspective. Whether NASA legal
agrees we'll see. :)

It would be better though if there was some Federal Open Source Agreement
that addresses government needs and could be reused across many agencies
when just having code in the public domain wasn't good enough.

Arguably, they could just reuse one of the many existing ones and they
often do.  There are possibly some issues that might be somewhat unique
enough that might require a new license.  Notice the plethora of weasel
words in the previous sentence...but given the often arcane federal
requisition rules I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't something. :)

Nothing I see addressed by NOSA though.

Nigel