Towards an OSI-approved "waive all rights" software license

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Mon Apr 18 20:02:12 UTC 2011

Be very careful to include attribution and other conditions. It is only because a FOSS license imposes conditions that it may be enforceable by the parties. See /Jacobsen v. Katzer/.

Whatever written works it includes, the public domain isn't a license and doesn't require a license; it has no conditions. It is truly free.

/Larry