GPL Issue

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Wed Sep 22 01:07:07 UTC 2010

dtemeles at nvalaw.com scripsit:

> I defy anyone to provide a US-based statutory reference or court case
> that stands for the proposition that there is such a beast as a
> "copyright license" that is not by definition a contract subject to
> state law.

Until the FSF, nobody wanted such a thing: copyright holders were concerned
to enforce their copyrights strongly against all but a few licensees, whom
they bound by contract in various ways (notably to pay money, of course).

--
Note that nobody these days would clamor for fundamental laws        John Cowan
of *the theory of kangaroos*, showing why pseudo-kangaroos are   cowan at ccil.org