Open Source Decision Models

Chris Travers chris at metatrontech.com
Fri Mar 5 18:03:05 UTC 2010

IANAL but just some things that immediately come to my mind.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Somik Raha <somikr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kevin, Chuck, thank you for your responses. I am familiar with the GPL and
> other open-source code licenses and I do plan to distribute the models. To
> clarify, a lot of these models are wired up in what many people will not
> agree to as "code." Would you call a worksheet with equations in several
> cells "code"?

I would suggest "code" as "whatever is subject to copyright controls"
from the GPL's perspective.

Data and equations themselves may not be protected, so you are left
with licensing your creative arrangements of these things.

Sounds like code to me....

 Best Wishes,
Chris Travers