WebM license resolution.

Wilson, Andrew andrew.wilson at intel.com
Mon Jun 7 20:52:03 UTC 2010

Chris DiBona [mailto:cdibona at gmail.com] wrote:

> You'll see on the WebM license page and in our source code repositories that we've made a
> small change to our open source license. There were a couple of issues that popped up after
> we released WebM at Google I/O a couple weeks ago, specifically around how the patent clause was written.

Chris, my personal kudos to you for not inventing a new license.  Question:
could the additional IP grant be extended to "Google and WebM contributors"
rather than Google alone?

If you will have an Android-style contributor agreement for WebM, all contributors
would be granting you sufficient patent rights to extend the IP grant.

Andy Wilson
Intel open source technology center