Doubt concerning releasing code anonymously

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Feb 28 05:18:52 UTC 2010

Mahesh T. Pai scripsit:

> (1) sign a pseudonymous GPG key?
>
> (2) Trust a guy who signs a pseudonymous GPG key?

Not I.

> How many here will donwload and use a software which is not signed by
> a GPG key?

But this I certainly will do.  I download source from random websites,
build it, say "sudo make install", and run it mostly without a care.
A strong version of the author's identity might help me sue, but it
would be unlikely to help me much otherwise.

John Cowan      cowan at ccil.org
        "Not to know The Smiths is not to know K.X.U."  --K.X.U.