Use of LGPL images in proprietary software?

Mala Dibbs griori-mala at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 5 13:46:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

i found an icon set licensed with LGPL which I would like to use in proprietary
  (and potentially commercial) software.

1. Can I use the images at all?
2. Can they be embedded in binary files (e.g. statically linked into the
executable) or do they need to be accessible for the user?
3. Can I modify them?
4. Am I right, that modified versions will be LGPL again and that I need to ship
a License text with the Images (regardless of modifications)?
5. Is it correct, that the software itsself does not need to be open source or
free software if I use these images?

Regards, Mala