GPLV3 or LGPL

Ian Vernon ian.q at telia.com
Fri Aug 28 08:25:39 UTC 2009

Gents and Ladies,

Perhaps you can help me out with a small hint. We are due to release the
first version of our product and is stuck with which license to use GPLV3 or
LGPL. We wanted that the product be used by a wide user base and interface
with other products and system of which most are closed source and
prorietary, but we would also like to have some level of protection being
the originator of the product. For this purpose would LGPL more suitable
that GPLV3 and what are the main differences other than the obvious as
written in the license conditions.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

//Ian