Apache style issue

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Aug 20 16:42:23 UTC 2009

Mark Wielaard scripsit:

> As far as I understand it, it is in the clause after that. The
> clauses interact to protect the integrity of the Work as a whole. The
> restrictions on redistribution are precisely that you need to retain
> the patent grant (and other grant) notices (as formulated in clause
> 3 above). But if the patent license grant has been revoked, you don't
> have permission anymore to transfer the grant of patent license notice
> to others, so you cannot obey clause 4 (c) anymore. Effectively making
> it impossible to redistribute.

Such subtleties are irrelevant, because if you have filed suit in the
forbidden way, you have no license at all, and can't redistribute anyhow,
that being a copyright right you no longer have.

--
The Imperials are decadent, 300 pound   John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>
free-range chickens (except they have   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan